Tuesday, July 19, 2011

About my mom's love for windmills

My mom has always been asking me to make her a blog where she could post the pictures of her windmill collection. I've finally gotten around to doing it. I'm writing the first entry on her behalf just so there would already be a post when she finally gets the hang of doing it on her own.

Since I'm at it, I shall give you a brief background on my mom's love for windmills from my perspective. I grew up in a house full of windmills - from china, linen, porcelain replicas, place mats to other what-have-yous that have the signature dutch icon. My mom's love for windmills never waned, it even grew stronger as I grew up. I was a witness to how her windmill collection grew up to the point that our house sported a real windmill.

I actually admire my mom for her consistency with her collection - I guess hers is a successful collection because she also made it her passion. One would be really amazed with how much windmills she has - each article having its own story to tell. Random people visit our house to see her collection, and my mom, true to her other love, would gladly oblige.   

How about you, do you know of anyone who shares my mom's love for windmills?

No comments:

Post a Comment